About these awards
- WatersTechnology has always felt strongly about recognising and promoting women who occupy technology and data roles across the capital markets. However, it has invariably proven a struggle for us when looking to invite women speakers to participate in our events or for candidates for Waters' cover profiles. Time and again we have been disappointed by the poor levels of female representation in both technology and data disciplines, and we want to change that.
- At our events around the globe, our traditional C-level panels inevitably touch on the issues of personnel and how capital markets firms should best go about attracting top talent, especially in the technology and data industries where buy-side and sell-side firms have to compete with the likes of Amazon, Google and large numbers of technology start-ups.
- It goes without saying that women are the most undervalued human resource in our industry, an issue that we want to remedy by way of creating a launch pad for capital markets firms to recognise and foster their female talent through a focused technology and data awards programme.
Your entries should include as much detail as you are able to divulge, specifically around why the person you are nominating should win the award.
- What specifically has she done that sets her apart from the other outstanding women in the technology and data industries?
- What specifically did she achieve?
- How did she achieve it?
- How did she impact the lives of those around her and the business in general?
The judges are looking for examples of innovation, initiative, collaboration and leadership. You only have 500 words to convey the ‘specialness’ of your candidate – choose your words carefully and don’t waste them on background information that is irrelevant to the category you are entering.
Please contact the Editor, Victor Anderson, on [email protected] for more details.