How to enter
How to enter
How to enter
These Awards are free to enter and are open to all third-party technology vendors/providers of market and reference data services for the financial services industry, regardless of their size, location or ownership. Organizations may enter as many categories as they wish, as long as they genuinely believe they meet the criteria listed beneath the categories. The judging panel will consider all entries to each category.
About these awards: Entries to the 2022 Sell-Side Technology Awards consist of two sections: Section A and Section B. All information contained in Section A (the 500-word ‘freeform’ entry) will remain strictly confidential. Information in Section B will be included in the winners’ category write-ups, which will appear online and in WatersTechnology.
About this year’s category write-ups (highlight sheets): Based on the success of last year’s category write-ups, the format for the 2022 SST Awards category write-ups will remain unchanged. Each write-up will include information lifted from section B. Therefore, it is in your interest to provide accurate and detailed information in response to all the questions in this section. Inaccurate and incomplete entries will be removed from the judges’ voting portal.
Your entry must including the follow:
Section A: (all information in this section is strictly confidential)
- 500-word ‘freeform’ entry explaining what the product/service is, what it does, what problems it solves for its clients, how it differentiates itself from other similar offerings, and why you believe it should win the category).
Section B: (this information will form the basis of the winners’ category write-ups)
- One client testimonial/comment per entry (if multiple products are entered into multiple categories, each product must have its own testimonial) – 75 words max.
- 2-3 key enhancements the product/service has undergone over the last 12 months and why those enhancements were made – new functionality, new underlying technology, new GUI or APIs, new delivery mechanism etc. – 75 words max.
- Examples of 2-5 enhancements/improvements the company has made over the last 12 months. This can include new/enhanced products, new geographies, new alliances, new hires, new asset classes, etc. – 75 words max.
- Examples of 2-3 areas the company will look to improve/grow over the next 12 months. Again, this can include new/enhanced products, new geographies, new alliances, new hires, new asset classes, etc. – 75 words max.
- 2-3 metrics that show the company’s growth: number/percentage of new users, new geographies, asset classes, company headcount – 50 words max.
- One statement (accompanied by a high-res image) from a senior executive from the company as to why they think the company should win – 75 words max.
Entry advice: The judging panel typically reviews a large number of entries in each category. It is therefore essential that you choose your words carefully, focusing on what you believe to be your competitive advantage as opposed to what all other market participants are offering. In other words, the judges want to know all about your ‘secret sauce’ and not about the functionality which makes your firm just another service provider in the marketplace. Please ensure that you use full and formal product names.