Founder & CEO
Sarah Biller is very active in the FinTech community. Sarah is the co-Founder of the FinTech Sandbox and currently sits on its Board of Directors. She is also an Entrepreneur, Advisor, Investor and teaches a graduate level course on the evolution of Financial Technology at Brandeis University.
Sarah was also most recently the Head of Innovation Ventures at State Street Bank's Global Exchange division and its Chief Operating Officer for Innovation. Prior to joining State Street, Sarah has been a Principal in the launch of several successful venture-backed start-ups in the FinTech and Life Sciences sectors. Most recently she was the Co-Founder and President of Capital Market Exchange (CMX), a venture-backed predictive analytics platform utilizing investor sentiment to help bond investors anticipate near-term changes in spreads.
Sarah has also held roles at Fidelity Investments; worked on MCI's corporate venture team; and launched and led research divisions for Fortune 500 CFO's and treasurers at the Corporate Executive Board. Ms. Biller studied Finance at West Virginia University and George Washington University.
Senior Technology Officer, CM Institutional & Corp Banking Technology
BMO FINANCIAL GROUP
Victor currently serves as a Senior Technology officer at the Bank Of Montreal (BMO). Servicing Global Capital Markets & Client Services Divisions; Victor and his team have accomplished the following since June of 2014:
• Implemented the global Client LifeCycle Management platform (Fenergo) for Capital Markets;
• Standardized customer data capture, enhanced regulatory and compliance controls and visibility over the Client On-Boarding process for North America & Europe.
• Reporting / reconciliation to support a broad range of regulatory processes (Volcker, IIROC, FATCA, DFA, CTR, etc.)
• Digitized the Legal Agreements Platform for Capital Markets
• Established eSignature solution for all of Compliance, Legal and Client Onboarding platforms.
Victor's recent focus has now shifted and he's become the Lead Solutions Architect and Supplier Manager for the firms' Capital Markets Client Data Strategy Program. The effort is targeted to complete in Oct '17.
The effort will merge various federated client customer "golden" sources onto one centralized platform, with the aim to "match & merge" customer information with trade detail and credit risk information. The effort will also provide greater line of sight to counterparty hierarchy, credit risk exposure, reduce operational risk & produce greater operating efficiencies of core client information. The bottom line business results will produce a vehicle where we can increase revenue generation through up-sell and cross-sell opportunities with clients.
In addition to the Client Data Strategy focus; Victor is also exploring and designing a CM "Big Data" Data Science solution. Various business use cases revolving around Data Discovery and Data Analytics has driven needs to implement the correct Hadoop/Big Data ecosystem model. The model needs to fully leverage or existing enterprise "Big Data" architecture but also help address current gaps. The main focus in this effort is to address scalable, "time to market" and performance while keeping "Total Cost of Ownership" at the lowest point possible.
Victor has a Computer Science & Math degree from the College of New Jersey; He possesses a PMP certification and also has obtained continued learning certificates from Columbia University and New York University.
Prior to BMO; Victor's career has provided the following experiences:
• Nomura Securities (2009-2014) - Regional Head of US Client Reference Data Technology - Vice President
• CIBC World Markets (1999-2009) -Regional Head of US Global Operations Web Technologies - Director
• Mellon Bank - (1997 - 1999)Technology Head
• Moore Capital Management (1997 - 1997) - Trade Floor Technology Lead
• PaineWebber/UBS - (1994 1997) Financial Technology Specialist
Managing Director, Global Head of Compliance Surveillance and Technology
As a Executive, with more than two decades of fast-track leadership experience in the financial services industry, Joe Lodato offers a comprehensive understanding of the issues, trends, challenges and solutions facing leaders in today's dynamic and volatile financial services organizations.
Joe's career success is based on strong and decisive leadership, combined with the ability to bridge the divide between technology and business and ensure alignment with corporate objectives delivered through technology.
In Managing Director and Chief Operating roles, Joe led the successful integration of technology with financial and operations processes to ensure compliance and drive productivity across all levels of the organization, and in a variety of settings, from startup organizations to large global services organizations, including Bank of America, Lehman Brothers, Barclays Capital and AllianceBernstein.
Joe earned his degree in finance from the Lublin School of Business at Pace University in New York City and presently is the Chief Compliance Officer at Guggenheim Securities
Technology Strategist, New York Lab - Global Innovation
SVP, Chief Technology Officer
Alla Whitston is the SVP, Chief Technology Officer for CIT Group Inc., a leading national bank focused on empowering businesses and personal savers. In this role, Whitston leads the technology planning and development for enterprise functions and all lines of business. Whitston joined CIT in October 2018 from Bank of America where she was most recently the managing director and chief technology officer for enterprise functions. Previously, she also led end-user technology services and wholesale banking technology infrastructure. Prior to joining Bank of America, Whitston served as the managing director in the Investment Banking division at JP Morgan and was responsible for application and infrastructure management. She also held key technology positions at Bear Stearns, Goldman Sachs and Bankers Trust. She holds a master’s degree in computer science from Georgia Technical University.
BANK OF AMERICA MERILL LYNCH
Head of FinTech Strategy and Partnerships
Chief Compliance Officer
BANK OF CHINA
With over 25 years of experience in the financial services industry, please find below a brief summary of my current and past employment experiences.
- In my current capacity with Bank of China U.S. Branches, I am responsible for identifying and developing strategic compliance solutions derived from internal and external sources that can be implemented within the Bank’s compliance risk framework. These solutions provide the basis for the sustainability of the Bank’s enterprise-wide risk and compliance program, addressing the needs of the organization’s business activities. Further, I’m also responsible for developing compliance structures, tools and methodologies, as well as providing strategic regulatory advice and technical compliance guidance to the Bank’s Executive Management team, lines of business, including Head Office Group. Other roles held with the Bank of China includes: Chief Compliance Officer and Senior Advisor to the Chief Risk Officer.
- Prior to the above assignment, I served as the Regulatory Intelligence Expert with AML Partners, LLC, where I provided proficient advice on governance, compliance, and enterprise-wise risk management to clients on wide-raging issues, such as: analytical interpretations considering the client’s business strategies when implementing new processes and systems impacting products and services. I also managed and directed enterprise risk assessments, which comprised of identifying exposures to their clients’ business activities and measuring the exposures to various risk factors and elements impacting the organization. In addition, promoted the firm’s technology solutions to current and prospective clients, and provided guidance in incorporating these tools within the organization’s framework.
- As a Senior Regulatory Intelligence Expert at Thomson Reuters, I was responsible identifying relevant, current and proposed US regulatory developments impacting the financial services sector, particularly within the investment management and wholesale banking industry. Provided insightful and practical analysis of new industry developments to a special audience comprised of compliance and risk management professionals through special reports and other publications for customers. Advised internal teams including sales, marketing and product development on regulatory issues and the implications to help drive the firm’s campaigns, focus, strategy, and design.
- At the Australia & New Zealand Banking Group, I served as First Vice President and Head of the Compliance & Risk Department, where I managed the Bank’s compliance, (operating & market) risks, and internal controls programs. In brief, I was responsible for the implementation of regulatory and internal controls processes, which ensured that all activities were conducted in compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements, and to safeguard the Bank’s reputation in the financial markets. I was also responsible for identifying, measuring, monitoring and reporting all risks impacting the Bank. I served on the Bank’s Asset Liability Management Committee; the Compliance & Risk Committee; and was a member of the Bank’s New Products Committee.
- I also served as Vice President and Head of the Compliance & Public Relations Department, at the Dai-Ichi Kangyo Bank, Ltd (“DKB”). At the time, DKB was the world’s largest banking institution, where I managed the compliance and public relations activities for the Bank, ensuring adherence with all regulatory requirements, and established clear, transparent, and fluid communications with investors, regulatory bodies, and the public.
- As a former commissioned Bank Examiner with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (FRB-NY), I was responsible for examinations of banking organizations ensuring sound and safe banking practices. As one of the most exciting and challenging assignment that I have experienced, this undertaking allowed me to evaluate all financial institutions’ (which included the world’s major money center banks) adherence to policies and procedures, and identified violations and irregularities of banking laws and regulations. This assignment also afforded me the experience of serving as a member of the FRB-NY’s special project teams, which investigated illegal lending practices and money laundering activities within financial institutions. I have also provided advice and guidance to Chairmen, members of Board of Directors, Presidents/CEOs, and senior executives of major money center banks in regards to banking “best practices” processes, including administrative, operational and enterprise risk and compliance activities.
- I also served as the Compliance Officer/Management Control Officer at the Chemical Banking Corporation. In this capacity, I was responsible for reviews of the Bank’s finance companies, addressing compliance, operational and financial soundness issues. I conducted feasibilities studies for senior management relating to consumer banking products/services, entailing analysis of return on investment and of asset utilization. As a member of the Bank’s Audit Division, I was responsible for profit planning, variance analysis and the low growth rate of a $13 million budget for a staff of 270 (both domestic and overseas).
Head of Intrastructure Labs and Development
Nancy J Selph
SVP Advanced Technology and Partnerships
Chief Technology Officer
SVP, FinTech Solutions and Enterprise Messaging, Blockchain Development